Every amazing menu is anchored by one stunningly simply dish that somehow, someway elevates every other food around it. Our Peach & Pepper Glaze is one such recipe. It’s tangy, spicy, and sticky sweet. If you’re a grilling enthusiast this just might be your new secret ingredient!
- 2 ½ (625 ml) cups peaches, pitted and sliced
- ½ cup (125 ml) apple cider vinegar
- 3 Tbsp (45 ml) honey
- 1 Tbsp (15 ml) avocado oil
- 1 Tbsp (15 ml) bourbon (optional)
- 2-3 garlic cloves, peeled, and minced
- 2 tsp (10 ml) whole black pepper corn, crushed
- 1 tsp (5 ml) red pepper flakes
- Using a mortar & pestle, or pepper mill crush whole black pepper.
- Combine all ingredients in a medium stockpot, and blend with immersion blender until evenly combined.
- Cook on medium-high heat, stirring constantly for 5 minutes.
Reduce heat, and simmer until slightly reduced to a golden, shiny, sticky-good sauce.
- Cool, refrigerate and store in a mason jar for up to two weeks. Note: this recipe makes 2 ½ cups.
Recipe developed by Jessica Musslewhite, and GetJoyfull in collaboration with Alberta Turkey Producers.
1 thought on “Peach & Pepper Glaze”