Rally with us!
Soccer players, and elite athletes alike require a lot of energy to train, and perform at their best. Proper hydration, nutrition-packed everyday meals, and energy-dense snacks are essential to peak performance, and injury prevention.
This recipe is a go-to pre-game snack for the FC Edmonton squad, and yummy proof that preparation for success happens on the pitch, and in the kitchen.
“Athletes fuel, and train. They don’t diet and exercise.”
Dried blueberries, medjool dates, hemp hearts, flaked coconut, and dark chocolate are a seriously winning combination of both quick, and sustainable energy. Oh, and they’re beyond delicious!
Makes 12 bars
- 2 cups fresh Medjool dates, pitted
- 1 cup dried blueberries
- 1 cup shelled hemp hearts
- 1 cup shredded unsweetened coconut
- 1/4 cup dark chocolate chips
- 1/4 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp sea salt
- In a food processor combine pitted dates, blueberries, hemp hearts, coconut, cinnamon, and sea salt.
- Pulse for 2-4 minutes until well combined.
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper, and press raw dough into 1/2 inch thick square.
- Sprinkle with dark chocolate chips, and gently press chips into dough.
- Cut into bars, and stacked with parchment in an airtight container. Refrigerate, and enjoy for up to two weeks!
- Double your batch, and freeze the extra bars.
- Save time, and roll into 24 energy bites instead!
- Swap blueberries for dried cranberries, goji berries, or apricot.
If you haven’t snagged tickets yet, don’t fret, there’s still time! Secure your tickets here, and rally with us at Clarke Stadium Sunday, May 12th at 1:30pm MST. We’re truly lucky to have the Canadian Premier League, and this amazing soccer club in our city. So let’s get energized, Edmonton, and show the FC Edmonton squad a hometown energy like they’ve never seen before!
Go Eddies Go!